NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
Phoenix Health and Safety is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner # 614.
CTSafe Center is in partnership with Phoenix Health and Safety to deliver NEBOSH courses in Vietnam.
Why this course?
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is a highly-valued, globally-recognised qualification in environmental management. It is aimed at managers, supervisors, and employees.
Environmental excellence and social responsibility
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate equips candidates with the knowledge and understanding to demonstrate environmental excellence and social responsibility. This is essential for organisations who wish to avoid prosecution, litigation, and loss of reputation.
Organisations with employees who have passed the NEBOSH environmental certificate are well-placed to introduce and maintain the environmental management standard of ISO 14001.
A course designed by professionals
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is the culmination of extensive research with environmental professionals, employers, professional bodies and regulators. This ensures the course is both rigorous and relevant, but also achievable and practical.
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is an ideal choice for anyone who has or would like to have environmental management responsibilities at work.
The relevant environmental qualification will help you to:
- justify environmental management in the workplace
- recognise which workplace activities may be subject to environmental legislation or enforcement
- assess environmental aspects and impacts, and evaluate existing controls
- support environmental emergency planning
- understand the importance of reducing environmental harm
- outline the issues associated with waste and its management
- explain the pros and cons of various energy sources and how to use them more efficiently.
- Understand the importance of sustainability in environmental management.
- Understand the role of regulatory bodies, national governments and international bodies concerning environmental management.
- Implement an environmental management system (EMS) effectively and appreciate the benefits of doing so.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments, explaining the principles and reasoning.
- Understand and identify sources and use of energy and energy efficiency.
- Outline the principles of air quality standards and the main types of emissions.
- Outline the main sources of pollution and how to control them.
- Understand the importance of minimising waste and outline how to manage waste.
- understand a range of environmental issues so that you can improve environmental performance and reduce harm
- work within an environmental management system and contribute to continual improvement
- recognise environmental aspects and associated impacts, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls
- support decision-making with ethical, legal and financial arguments
- understand the links between your organisation’s activities and wider environmental issues.
Unit EC1 – Management and control of environmental hazards
- Element 1 Foundations in environmental management
- Element 2Environmental management systems
- Element 3Environmental impact assessments
- Element 4 Controls of emissions to air
- Element 5: Control of contamination of water resources
- Element 6: Control of waste and land use
- Element 7: Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Element 8: Control of environmental noise
- Element 9: Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
Unit EC2 – Environmental practical application
It is carried out in the candidate’s workplace, and they must submit the practical assessment within 14 days of the exam date.
- You are provided with login information to our distance learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate take?
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate will involve a total of
- 34 taught hours,
- 25 hours private study and
- 8 hours on assessments.
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is assessed in two parts
- EMC1 – This is a digital assessment which can be taken remotely. Learners will have 24 hours to access, complete and submit their paper, starting from 11am (UK time) on the examination date.
- Unit EMC2 is a practical assessment, which is carried out at the candidate’s workplace. The practical assessment must be submitted within 14 days of the exam date booked.
Examination dates in 2023
EMC1 – Open book exam
- 08 February 2023
- 03 May 2023
- 09 August 2023
- 08 November 2023
EMC2 – practical assessment
- Booking via a learning partner
- Learners will be required to assess environmental aspects and impacts in their chosen workplace.
Examination fees. These fees arecdirectly paid for NEBOSH
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 70 hours
- Skill level HSE practitioners
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes