ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor
ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 9001?
As an international standard, ISO 9001 specifies the requirements for organizations that want to ensure continual improvement and meet customers’ needs. ISO 9001 was specifically designed to serve as a guiding framework for organizations of all sizes and industries as it provides a firm customer focus, namely delivering qualitative goods and services, which subsequently leads to customer satisfaction. The implementation of a Quality Management System is a strategic decision for organizations that aspire to improve their overall performance and provide a strong basis for sustainable development initiatives. The standard assists organizations and/or professionals to plan processes, interactions and have a risk-based thinking.
Why is Quality Management important for you?
ISO 9001 certified professionals are considered as a strong asset to any organization. Meeting the future needs and expectations is a big challenge for organizations that operate in any industry, especially in today’s increasingly dynamic environment. Thus, in order to accomplish organizational objectives, it is important to understand the necessity of hiring experts on Quality Management Systems. By implementing ISO 9001, the certified professionals will help organizations to adopt continuous improvement practices and provide them with the essential techniques to ameliorate their working processes. As a result of increased efficiency, all the processes within the organization will be accordingly aligned and understood. Moreover, the productivity will increase and the costs will decrease. ISO 9001 experts enable organizations to identify and address organizational risks, and achieve customer satisfaction. They also enable organizations to increase their global presence as many clients require ISO 9001 certified experts before conducting business.
Benefits of ISO 9001 Quality Management
By becoming an ISO 9001 certified professional, you will be able to:
- Gain expertise on Quality Management Systems
- Help the organization to offer qualitative products and services
- Help the organization to reduce costs
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase effectiveness
- Assist the organization to focus on risk-based thinking
- Contribute to the organization’s continuous improvement
- Improve performance
- Streamline organizational operations
- Increase the efficiency of the supply chain management
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Quality Management System (QMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Quality Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with QMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Quality Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Quality Management
- Understand the operations of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of a QMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in QMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and case study discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 9001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Note: Face to face training takes 05 days. For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
Day 1: Introduction to Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ISO 9001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Quality Management System (QMS)
Domain 2: Quality Management Systems (QMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 9001 audit programme
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 9001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 9001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 9001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 9001 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site audit
- Follow-up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead Level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes