ISO 22000 Food Safety MS Lead Auditor
ISO 22000 Food Safety MS Lead Auditor
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 is a globally accepted international standard, which specifies the requirements for food safety management systems. Established in 2005, ISO 22000 is applicable to all organizations involved in the food chain, whose main objective is to ensure food safety. The standard outlines a framework which harmonizes all parts of the food supply chain, from producer to consumer, and helps you reduce food hazards, control the risks and prevent contamination.
Why is Food Safety Management important for you?
Food Safety Management has become the headline of many articles worldwide and if businesses choose to ignore it, they will have you bear the consequences. By obtaining an ISO 22000 certification, you will prove your commitment to food safety and adherence to respective food safety regulations.
By obtaining an ISO 22000 certification, you will prove your dedication to food safety to your customers and stakeholders. Moreover, you will gain a worldwide recognized certification on Food Safety Management, where you will learn all the processes and policies needed to mitigate risks and enhance accountability and transparency. This will, in turn, will you a competitive advantage by improving your brand's reputation and leading to potential increases in business volume.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Food Safety Management
By becoming ISO 22000 certified you will be able to:
- Increase the profits
- Control and eliminate food safety risks
- Continually improve the processes needed to provide safe food
- Built customer’s confidence on your ability to control any food safety hazards
- Ensure sustainable food safety
- Promote international trade
The ever-increasing popularity of food safety, as one of the key aspects of the food industry, has boosted demands from organizations to get certified against ISO 22000. Such certification demonstrates commitment from organizations toward the wellbeing of their consumers and provides sustainability in the market. A PECB auditor credential is a formal and independent recognition of your personal competences. It proves that you are qualified to conduct food safety management system (FSMS) audits for a certification body.
This training course has been developed to reflect the importance of an effective audit. It strengthens your knowledge and skills to plan and carry out an FSMS audit in compliance with the guidelines for auditing management systems provided in ISO 19011 and the certification process presented in ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Through practical exercises, interactive sessions, and discussions, you will be able to gain knowledge on the FSMS and audit techniques. You will also be able to perform an FSMS audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, as well as be able to manage an audit team.
After attending the training course, you can take the exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor” credential. An internationally recognized “PECB ISO 22000 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional capabilities and competences to audit organizations based on the requirements of ISO 22000 and auditing best practices.
- Auditors interested in performing and leading food safety management system audits
- Managers or consultants interested in mastering the food safety management system audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the FSMS requirements in an organization
- Technical experts interested in preparing for a food safety management system audit
- Expert advisors in food safety management
This training course enables you to understand the:
- Operations of a food safety management system based on ISO 22000
- Relationship between ISO 22000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Requirements of ISO 22000 in the context of an FSMS audit
- Auditor’s role in planning, leading, and following up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, auditing best practices used in FSMS audits, ISO 22000 requirements, and international auditing standards
- Lecture sessions, which are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study that includes role-playing and discussions
- Interactions, made between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Exercises, which are a simulation and preview of the certification exam
The main requirements for participating in this training course are: a fundamental understanding of food safety concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of FSMS audit principles.
Note: Face to face training takes 05 days. For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
Day 1: Introduction to the food safety management system (FSMS) and ISO 22000
Day 2: Audit principles and the preparation for and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing of the audit
Day 5: Certification exam
The PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a food safety management system
Domain 2: Food safety management system (FSMS) requirements
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparing for an ISO 22000 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 22000 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22000 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22000 audit program
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the credential.
For more information about ISO 22000 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The PECB ISO 22000 Auditor certification scheme has the following requirements:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Food Safety Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Food Safety Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22000 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Food Safety Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, the audit activities should follow best audit practices and include the following:
- Planning an audit
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Conducting documented information review
- Carrying out on-site audit activities
- Following up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 45
- Assessments Yes