ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager
ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 21500?
ISO 21500 provides guidance on concepts and processes of project management that are important for, and have impact on the performance of projects. This guide comprehends a straightforward introduction and also explains the practical application on how to deliver projects successfully and ensure a sustainable future. ISO 21500 is a professional methodology which combines project management best practices and conveys them collectively. Also, it can be used by any type of organization, including public, private or community organizations, and for any type of project, regardless of its complexity, size or duration.
Why is Project Management important for you?
ISO 21500 will guide you towards significant project improvements by enabling the project to be completed within budget and time constraints while ensuring minimal interruption to the rest of the business operations. ISO 21500 will guide you toward significantly project improvements by completion of projects within budget and time constraints while ensuring minimal interruption to the rest of the businesses operations. It will also enable organizations to fulfill all project management requirements and minimize the chance of project failure.
Gaining ISO 21500 certification will help you to sufficiently plan, manage and monitor the progress of a project, at the same time, equips you with the fundamental skills to properly allocate the time needed to finish the tasks and meet the deadline. Most importantly, this methodology based on best practices gives you the knowledge and guidelines how to productively document the results. This certification proves that you possess the necessary skills to lead a project and manage a team effectively. This certification helps you to grow your career opportunities and your team-building skills and reach a greater level of commitment with your team members. It will enable you to be more confident and competent to define the proper resources needed to deliver projects on time and on budget.
Benefits of ISO 21500 Project Management
PECB Certified ISO 21500 individuals will have the opportunity to gain many benefits including, but not limited to:
- Master project management skills
- Improving project delivery
- Providing a shared project management processes and principles
- Transparent and improved decision-making
- Helps to unify the profession by building a common language and standard processes
- Better performance reviews
- Better access to jobs and higher incomes
- Increased self-esteem
ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager training enables you to acquire the expertise to lead an organization and its team to implement, manage and maintain projects based on ISO 21500. During this training course, you will also gain a comprehensive knowledge of the best practices of Project Management and be able to effectively apply them in an organization in order to successfully plan, implement, control and close a project while meeting project objectives.
After mastering all the necessary concepts and processes of Project Management, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the professional capabilities and competencies to effectively lead and manage the implementation of projects.
- Managers or consultants responsible for managing the implementation of projects based on ISO 21500
- Expert advisors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key concepts and processes of Project Management
- Individuals involved in Project Management
- Professionals seeking to acquire Project Management skills, which will help them to successfully achieve project objectives
- Project team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 21500 and other standards, regulatory frameworks and practices
- Master the concepts, processes, tools and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of projects
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 21500 concepts and processes in the specific context of an organization
- Acquire the expertise to support an organization to effectively implement and manage projects based on best practices
- Master the skills to manage and govern projects through their life cycle
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the management of projects
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 21500 and comprehensive knowledge of Project Management.
Note: Face to face training takes 05 days. For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 21500 and initiating the processes of Project Management
Day 2: Planning the implementation of Project Management Processes
Day 3: Implementing Project Management Processes
Day 4: Controlling and closing Project Management Processes
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Project Management
Domain 2: Initiating the processes of Project Management
Domain 3: Planning the processes of Project Management
Domain 4: Implementing the processes to perform the Project Management activities
Domain 5: Controlling the processes of Project Management to monitor and measure their performance against project objectives
Domain 6: Closing Project Management Processes
Domain 7: Evaluating the competencies of Lead Project Managers
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 21500 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||PMMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 21500 Provisional Project Manager||PECB Certified ISO 21500 Project Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 21500 Project Manager||PECB Certified ISO 21500 Project Manager exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Project Management||Project Management activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager||PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Project Management||Project Management activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 21500 Senior Lead Project Manager||PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Project Management||Project Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these project activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Developing a project charter
- Setting project objectives
- Sequencing project activities and developing a project budget
- Performing risk assessment
- Quality planning and performing quality assurance and control
- Directing and controlling project work
- Controlling resources
- Managing a project team and stakeholders
- Controlling risks
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead Level
- Language English
- Students 40
- Assessments Yes