NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Phoenix Health and Safety is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner # 614.
CTSafe Center is in partnership with Phoenix Health and Safety to deliver NEBOSH courses in Vietnam.
International health & safety certificate from NEBOSH, ideal for managers and supervisors based outside the UK.
Why NEBOSH International General (IG)?
The 1st reason: The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) provides a broad understanding of health & safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in safety & health anywhere in the world.
The 2nd reason: The NEBOSH Certificate is highly respected by employers worldwide and is an essential first step for those wanting a long and successful career in HSE. The NEBOSH IGC enables you to apply for many different health and safety jobs, such as Health & Safety Officer, Advisor, Superintendent, etc in almost any industry.
The 3rd reason: Professional body recognition
- Meeting the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Being entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
The course is ideal if you are a manager, supervisor or employee representative based outside the UK. It is also recommended if you are embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a valuable foundation for further professional study.
- How to effectively manage health and safety.
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards.
- How to measure if you’ve been successful.
- ILO key standards and requirements.
- Confidently carrying out risk assessments.
- Developing and implementing a detailed action plan.
- Managing and minimising workplace risks.
- Supporting and developing your company’s health and safety culture.
There are two course Units (IG1, IG2) to successfully complete before you become fully certified with the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 – Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 – Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 – Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 – Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 – General workplace issues
- Element 9 – Work equipment
- Element 10 – Fire
- Element 11 – Electricity
- You are provided with login information to our online learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the NEBOSH International General Certificate take?
- Online learning = 110 hours
There are two assessments for this course:
- Unit IG1 – An Open Book Exam at your home. Candidate have 24 hours to complete and exam and submit it online.
- Unit IG2 – A practical risk assessment carried out in the workplace to demonstrate the knowledge.
Examination dates in 2022-2023
IG1 – Open book exam
- 08 February 2023
- 05 April 2023
- 07 June 2023
- 09 August 2023
- 04 October 2023
- 06 December 2023
IG2 – practical assessment
- 24 March 2023
- 23 June 2023
- 22 September 2023
- 15 December 2023
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 110 hours
- Skill level HSE practitioners
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes